Made these cute little baby pink butterfly and green flower pancakes, both stacked and topped with strawberry jam and chocolate syrup respectively!
- 1 cup wheat flour/ maida
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp (tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- Jam (any flavour)
- Warm water
- Butter to cook
- Cookie cutters of different shapes (I used a flower n butterfly)
- 1 Beat all pancake ingredients together for a minute till you get a nice fluffy, light, thick batter.
- 2Pour into a hot non-stick pan and cook on both sides for a minute each till evenly cooked. If you feel it is under-cooked you can add some butter to help heat faster.
- 3 In a bowl combine some jam and warm water to make a thick sauce. Use any flavour you like- Raspberry, Mixed fruit, Apple, Peach etc. Kids love different flavours so it's a good way to introduce them at this stage!
- 4 Remove pancakes onto a flat plate and use cookie cutters to cut shapes. Stack 3 pancakes on top of each other and pour over some sauce.
- 5 Serve with cute baby cutlery and love! Oh, and adults love the leftovers! It's a fun recipe, really easy to make, super quick and delicious for little ones. Enjoy! :)
on your cooking?
Add your recipe