Mushroom and broccoli soup is super healthy and delicious. It has many vital nutrients in it, thus making it wholesome. Serve this scrumptious soup to your loved ones, and they'll gulp it down in no time.
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 6 beans, chopped
- 3 garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2 tsp (teaspoon) oats
- 6 pepper balls
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder (freshly ground)
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp butter
- 5-6 cups water or vegetable/chicken stock
- Water for blanching broccoli
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Blanch broccoli in water with salt for about 2 minutes.
- 2 Drain and keep them aside.
- 3 Melt butter in a pan.
- 4 Add the sliced garlic and half of the chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- 5 Add in the mushrooms and blanched broccoli.
- 6 Saute them for 4-5 minutes.
- 7 Remove from pan and keep them aside.
- 8 Next, to the same pan add the remaining onion, corn, chopped carrots and beans and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 9 Add water/stock and let it boil on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- 10 Then simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes.
- 11 Then add the pepper balls, salt and pepper powder.
- 12 Next, add in the oats and cook covered for another 10 minutes. You can see that the soup will begin to thicken.
- 13 Finally, add the prepared mushrooms and broccoli.
- 14 Mix well and cook covered for another 2 minutes.
- 15 Switch the flame off.
- 16 In another pan, dry roast the sesame seeds.
- 17 Sprinkle them on top of the hot soup just before serving.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe