It is healthy and ready in ten minutes. Very nutritious for all family members.
- 2 tsp (teaspoons) sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- 1/4 cup dalia (wheat bran)
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup pearl millet
- 1/4 cup split green moong daal
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/4 t.spoon turmeric powder,
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste(not necessary)
- 1 tsp of oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and salt as per your taste
- 1 In a pressure cooker or in a pot, take one tablespoon of oil; fry chopped onion till it is soft and slightly golden.
- 2 Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and stir them for 2-3 minutes.
- 3 Add chopped vegetables carrots/capsicum/green peas.
- 4 Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- 5 Mix all the ingredients well and add multigrain dalia and mix it well.
- 6 Add water (4-5 times of the mixture) into it, i.e. if the mixture is 1 cup, add 4-5 cups water in it), stir well and close the lid of the pressure cooker or cover the pot with lid.
- 7 Take 2-3 whistles and open the pressure cooker after some time or cook for ten minutes if you are using pot.
- 8 Mix daal khichadi is ready. Serve it hot and garnish it with onions and coriander leaves.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe