Maintaining a healthy diet during pregnancy is crucial as you need to nurture the new life growing within you. All that you eat during the pregnancy and while breastfeeding is largely going to have an effect on you and your baby too! This recipe can be of help then. It can be even added to your child's diet when he/she starts having solids.
- 1/2 cup bajra (black millet) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), washed and drained
- 2 tsp (teasppon) ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Onion rings
- A sprig of coriander (dhania)
- 1 In a pressure cooker, combine the bajra, moong dal, salt and 2 cups of water well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- 2 Let the steam escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- 3 For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small fry pan and add the cumin seeds.
- 4 When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and sauté for 4-5 seconds.
- 5 Add the tempering to the khichdi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, with occasional stirring.
- 6 Serve hot.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe