Spinach & Capsicum Pasta is an Italian recipe which is loaded with the goodness of spinach and capsicum.
Kids do not like to eat vegetables. This is a great way to sneak in a lot of veggies in their diet. You can also use beetroot, carrots for making colourful pasta.
- 2 cups boiled pasta
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) oregano
- 2 tsps lemon/lime juice
- 1 tsp + 1 tbsp (tablespoon), olive oil
Spinach is necessary for bone health, eyes, nervous function, skin and hair health, and it also provides minerals, vitamins, iron and protein to the body and capsicums are a good source of vitamin A, C, and folate.
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wide pan and add spinach. Saute the spinach till it is cooked.
- 2Blend it into smooth mixture in a grinder and squeeze lemon/lime juice into it.
- 3Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a wide pan and add chopped onions and sauté it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add sliced capsicum and again sauté till both are done.
- 5Now add spinach mixture, oregano, black pepper powder, green chillies and salt.
- 6Mix well and cook it for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add boiled pasta, mix well and sauté it for more 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Serve hot with garlic bread
on your cooking?
Add your recipe