The best thing about this drink is that it can be had anytime of the day. It makes a perfect drink to be served during a brunch or a healthy breakfast. The vibrant colors and flavours are sure to brighten up your day.
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 3 oranges
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- Mint leaves to garnish
- 1Blanch tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes or till the tomato skin splits open.
- 2Transfer the tomatoes to a large vessel containing cold water with a slotted spoon. Allow to cool. Once the tomatoes are cool enough, peel the skin and chop them in half.
- 3Blend these tomatoes along with 1 cup of water in a blender till the mixture is smooth and runny. Strain the juice and set aside covered.
- 4Extract juice from the oranges.
- 5Combine the orange, tomato and lime juices in a large pitcher. Stir in the the remaining ingredients like salt, pepper, sugar, paprika and cumin powders and mix well. Chill the juice for an hour or two.
- 6Pour the juice in separate glasses. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe