When you have a fussy toddler, you need to think of ways to make them have a complete meal. This is my way of making my kid have her oatmeal, dairy and orange juice, all in one go.
- 4 tablespoons (tbsps) oats
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml water
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 200 ml orange juice, any of child's favourite brand
- 1.5 tsps (teaspoons) gelatin
- 100 ml milky mist medium cream
For Chocolate Oats:
- 1 Cook the oats in the water until it is cooked on low flame for about five minutes until the oats is cooked well.
- 2 Add the milk and chocolate to the oats and cook on low flame until the chocolate melts.
- 3 Add Hershey’s chocolate syrup at the end and switch off the flame.
- 4 Transfer the oatmeal into the bowl and allow it to cool down.
- 5 Once it has cooled, blend the oats mixture and place the bowl in fridge.
For Orange Jelly:
- 6 Sprinkle 1.5 teaspoon of gelatin in a little warm water.
- 7 Allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Mix the gelatin and ensure that there aren’t any undissolved crystals.
- 8 Add the gelatin to the orange juice.
- 9 Pour the orange juice in the bowl with the chocolate oats slowly without disturbing the oats layer.
- 10 Refrigerate the oats and orange juice overnight.
For Whipped Cream:
- 12 Refrigerate 100 ml cream as well as the bowl you are going to whip the cream in.
- 13 Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- 14 Add the cream to the oats and juice porridge.
- 15 Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top before serving.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe