Hummus is a very popular and traditional Middle Eastern food. It is great as an accompaniment to a meal or as a dip. My toddler loves to eat finger foods with chickpeas hummus. Chickpeas is a good source of calcium, iron, folic acid and manganese. You can serve this hummus with chips, boiled vegetables etc.
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 ½ tbsps (tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsps lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp (teaspoon) red chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Coriander leaves / parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1Peel the boiled chickpeas.
- 2In a blender combine all the ingredients except the coriander leaves / parsley and red chili powder.
- 3Blend until it gets smooth.
- 4Transfer hummus into the serving bowl.
- 5Sprinkle red chili powder over the top.
- 6Scatter some chopped coriander leaves / parsley on top and serve.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe