Generally all kids like creamy birthday cakes as they enjoy the sweet taste of these cakes. But there are few kids, like my son, who don't like creamy cakes at all. On his last two birthdays after cake cutting ceremony he did not even taste the cake. Therefore I decided to make a simple and decorative birthday cake without cream & icing.
This type of cake will be enjoyed by everyone specially those who like plain cakes. If your kids or your loved ones like variety you can try for them too.
- 250gm maida
- 250 gm sugar powder
- 250 gm butter
- 6 eggs
- Tutti Frutti - as required
- 3 to 5 drops essence
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) coffee powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 spoons Baking powder
- 25 - 30 cherries
- 20 gm sugar coated fennel seeds
- 25 - 30 tooth picks for decoration
- 6 - 8 gems
- 1Beat all eggs in a container.
- 2Add baking powder to maida and seive 3 times.
- 3Beat the butter in big vessel with a spatula or rolling pin (belan).
- 4When it melts, start to add 2 tbsps maida & sugar alternately and keep stirring.
- 5In between, keep adding beaten eggs.
- 6Keep stirring till all the ingredients (maida, sugar & eggs) are used.
- 7Now, to milk add coffee and the ready batter.
- 8Add essence & tutti frutti.
- 9Greese cooker (the same that is used for making Handvo recipe) with butter & maida. Add all the batter to it and keep it on a gas stove with the same method of baking handvo - on high flame for 5 minutes & then use medium-low flame.
- 10Cake will be baked in 1 hour.
- 11Allow to cool.
- 12Poke a toothpick in a cherry and place at the corner of the cake as shown in the image.
- 13For fennel decoration - cut out very small portion from the top and fill it with fennel.
- 14Put the gems vertically on the cake.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe