You wouldn't believe that something with prunes would be so good, but these banana prune muffin are super-delicious! And they aren't high in fat too. They are very moist and not at all rubbery or chewy! A definite must try...
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC).
- 2Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat together until smooth. Blend in banana and vanilla.
- 4Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- 5Stir this dry mixture into egg mixture until just moistened. Mix in the prunes. Spoon into muffin cups.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. You can test the doneness using a toothpick - insert it into the center of a muffin, if done, it should come out clean.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe