Masala peanuts is a favorite snack among kids and adults alike. But the store-bought ones are deep fried and hence have zero nutritional value.
This version of Masala Peanuts is delicious and super quick to prepare. They are a healthy alternative to the the deep fried version. Do try these tasty and easy Baked Masala Peanuts.
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 to 3 tbsps (tablespoons) rice flour
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) cumin seeds
- 2 tsps garlic powder / crushed garlic / garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- A pinch of garam Masala powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- a pinch of kashmiri chili powder
- 2-3 tbsps water
- a few curry leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- 2Wash the raw peanuts and drain the water completely. Peanuts should look moist and not watery after draining the water.
- 3Grind together the garlic cloves and cumin seeds into a smooth paste. In another plate, add all the other ingredients except water and mix well.
- 4Add the mixed ingredients and ground paste to the moist peanuts.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and make stiff and thick peanut masala mixture. (You may not require water at all if there is enough moisture in the drained peanuts.)
- 6Spread it evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining oil. Throw curry leaves on top.
- 7Bake this for 10 to 12 minutes or until the peanuts become crisp and are baked well. (oven times may vary)
- 8It becomes crispier and crunchier as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe