With short-grain rice, you get a wonderful creamy texture and the delicious apple and cinnamon flavors make it yum! Your baby will love this wonderful tasting pudding. For younger babies, you can add in apple puree and prefer softer, well-cooked chunks for babies above 8 months of age, depending on your child's tolerance.
- 1/4 cup short-grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) apple puree or apple pieces
- a pinch cinnamon
- sugar to taste (use in minimal quantities for babies)
Serving Size 1 pot (190 g)
| Calories ||205
||Calories from Fat|| 39|
|Total Fat|| 4.4g 7%
||Saturated Fat ||2.5g 12%|
|Sodium|| 190mg 8%
||Carbohydrates ||35.3g 12%|
|Dietary Fiber ||0.8g 3%
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 Wash rice, soak in just enough water for 30 minutes.
- 2 Boil milk, add washed and soaked rice.
- 3 Add apple puree or finely chopped apple and cook on low heat until rice and apple are nearly cooked (about 10 min).
- 4 Add sugar (optional) and more milk or water if needed to thin down the consistency.
- 5 Cook to boil, then simmer on low heat until the milk is soaked up.
- 6 Turn off the flame, add a pinch of cinnamon.
- 7 Serve luke warm in a cup.
on your cooking?
Add your recipe