I am from Kanchipuram, India.
Amla is the first thing that comes to mind when Vitamin C is mentioned. Amla rice is an easy and healthy lunch box recipe. Give your kids a pleasant change from the usual food.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp channa dhal
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 red chilies
- 4 big Amla
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Amla: Rich in vitamin C, it contains anti-oxidants, fibre and minerals like calcium and phosphorus, which help to build immunity. Amla also increases metabolism and is rich in iron.
- 1Soak Amla in hot water for 1 minute and remove the seed from it.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp spoon of oil in a pan.
- 3Fry Urad dhal, Channa dhal, Coriander seeds, Red chili, chopped Amla and let it to cool.
- 4Grind the above ingredients in a mixer.
- 5In the same pan heat a little oil, add mustard seeds and curry leaves let splutter.
- 6Add the ground mixture and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Add salt to taste.
- 8Mix it with cooked white rice.
- 9Serve it with fried potato.
Follow us for all this and more!
Need mommy advice?
Ask a question
on your cooking?
Add your recipe