I am a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) and it is quite a stunning job. For starters, I get to stay at home and enjoy my sleep all day long. I get to wake up at my own time. I do nothing all day and still get paid for in kind. The icing on the cake is the fact that I don’t have a boss!
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BUYING IT ALL?
I would not like to keep you in dark at all. My dear expecting mums, pretty young ladies who do plan to get pregnant at some point and lovely Mother-In-Laws, here is sneak preview of a Stay-At-Home-Mom’s life.
You know you are a Stay-At-Home Mom when...
- Your morning cup of tea gets heated at least twice before it is gulped down, COLD!
- You get to finish your child’s leftover meals and that’s all you manage to eat throughout the day (and a bit of snacking here and there)
- You keep the house dust free with the ‘multi-purpose’ pack of wet-wipes (i.e. baby wet-wipes)
- Stepping out means either going for your child’s routine check-ups OR a much-needed grocery shopping trip (that doubles as your break!)
- Bathing on time is a luxury and a mid-day nap is a dream!
- The best news for the day is that your child ate all that he was supposed to
- When your husband is back from work, you (secretly) look for ways to take bathroom breaks so that you get some peaceful time for yourself
- You smell of milk, baby poop, baby burps and everything else that has to do with the baby
- You socialize with your friends over Whatsapp and Facebook.
- Wearing ‘something nice’ means getting into a pair of fresh, stain-free pyjamas
- A night-out means watching a late night movie in your living room
- You sing rhymes and lullabies for the sake of family entertainment
- Your life revolves around making meals, feeding your child (that goes on for hours) and in between all that - you try to do some laundry, clear the kitchen sink and put the baby to sleep. All this is on REPEAT mode!